Though a lot of people still believe the Big Brother Africa/Nigeria showpiece is a total waste of time and resources. Yeah! I thought so too about previous editions but the recently concluded edition of #BBNaija did hold me spellbound just like it did millions of viewers across Nigeria and Africa at large.
Albeit for those who think #BBNaija 2017 stands for nothing, I beg to differ. Until you go live in a house with strangers of varying attitude and temperment and without the usual gadgets you are accustomed to for 78 days, then come out successfully afterwards, I would believe you when you say BBNaija stands for nothing! Many couples can’t even stand each other for a day.
Well, let’s say BBNaija stands for nothing, would you also want to admit that 25 million naira is nothing! I’ll bet you won’t even want to voice it out. A certain housemate did say at some point in the competition that she would spend the price money in a week. She indirectly implied that 25 million naira was nothing compared to what she gets from her numerous admirers which included private jet owners. I’m sure the 500,000 naira she was compensated with by the reality show’s leading sponsors, Payporte will be enough to offset her debts now.
Of a truth, the price money might eventually mean nothing if Efe doesn’t spend it wisely. We have seen several instances where people squander huge sums of money on frivolities because they couldn’t make astute investment decisions. At this point whatever he chooses to do with his money is actually nobody’s business whether you supported him relentlessly or not all through the duration of the widely acclaimed showpiece. Albeit this is the time he needs his thinking cap the most.
In as much as 25 million naira sounds like ‘plenty money’, just like TBoss rightly said, Efe might just spend his too in less than a week.
How then can 25 million naira be best utilized?
You can invest 25 million naira in several ventures that will turn out to be money spinning and will ensure that you will forever remain rich, and even your generation unborn will never go poor. There are also more than a thousand ways you can squander such huge sum of money. You may even never recover from such misadventure. Baring that in mind here are some of the things Efe can do to ensure that he doesn’t turn out a loser after winning the most watched program on TV this quarter.
These are things everyone should ensure they do when they hit with such jackpot…
1. Pay off debts: Before anything, if the winner of #BBNaija 2017 incurred some debts before he went for the show, he ought not to be told that he has to offset his debts so he will know how much remains of the largesse. Afterwards he can start from there
2. No Frivolities: Though the winner of #BBNaija 2017 may have initially gone for the competition with just the thought of having fun and maybe to make a name for himself, albeit fate had a better deal for him. And now all he should be thinking of is not how to have fun with the competition’s largesse, but how best to invest his 25 million.
The aforementioned spans from the fact that money that we don’t plan for, we are usually not fully prepared for what comes next and Efe’s case is no different.
3. Be With The Right Kind of Friends: In as much as it will be bad to let go of old friends for new ones, but you still have to be truthful to yourself. There are some basic questions he needs to answer. Were your old friends really the kind of friends you would be proud to call friends? Were they even friends in the first instance? Are they friends you often go drinking, womanizing and partying with? If his friends fall within this category, then it is time he discards them if he doesn’t want to spend 25 million naira in a week.
Albeit, if that is naturally who he is, then his friends are just the best for him. All he needs now if he can’t hire a financial advisor is someone or people that will advise him on how best to invest his money
4. Change your address: Yeah, he has to go ‘AWOL’ because people will flock around his home if they know where he lives and if he doesn’t spend for them he may be viewed as being ungrateful and selfish.
5. Learn to Say No: Everyone he knows, and those who voted for him, including those who never did, even those he has never met will ask him for money. He is likely going to come across relatives he never knew existed, all soliciting for assistance and for a share of the supposedly national cake for both good and bad reasons. In as much as he won’t want to be seen as a ‘wicked sombody’ he still needs to learn to say no to some certain category of people, otherwise he would have nothing left before he knows it.
This may be hard to do due to the huge fan base he has managed to get for himself in 78 days and his association with the street as perceived from his words and actions while in the house. Worse still, some of these people will pressure, threaten, or try to manipulate him to have their way. Albeit, he should still stand his ground. It’s his money not theirs
6. The real deal: If Efe is still confused on how best to invest the bulk of his money, he needs not have sleepless nights. Survey suggests that real estate is the best investment anyone can make. In real estate investment the chances of you losing money is almost null as long as you deal with a genuine real estate company. Not just that, investment in real estate offers you a level of peace after the initial stages. As long as you are not investing with the hope of reaping in a year, then real estate investment is your surest bet.
Real estate investment is actually for money you won’t be needing in at least half a decade and your ROI afterwards would be mind-blowing depending on the location of your investment. You can make as much as 300% of the money you invested, if not more. It could be land or properties. But beware! these are hard times. There are many scam artists around, therefore use a reputable real estate company like Amazing Homes And Properties